Duration: 1 day
Timings: 9:30am - 5pm
Minimum age: 16
Maximum students: 10
Certificate valid for: 3 years
Who's it designed for: The course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for all those who go afloat, on inland waters or up to 60 miles offshore. The syllabus is based on the recommendations of the HSE and the MCA.
It also fulfils requirements for:
|Practical Activity||Training Aid|
|Man Overboard Recovery||MOB Dummy|
|CPR specific to drowning||Laderal Dummy|
|Wound dressing / bleeding control||First Aid kit|
|Head Injuries||First Aid Kit|
|Gaining Medical Assistance via VHF radio||VHF Training Radios|
Course Location: Dorset
Course fee: £100 inc. VAT
Whats included: St Johns Ambulance First Aid Manual (RRP £13.99), RYA first aid certificate on successful completion, use of all relevant equipment including 1st aid kits & CPR manikins.
Dates & Bookings:
If you're an individual looking to do a first aid course please email us on email@example.com to get our next available course dates:
Course Location: UK wide (we come to you)
Course fees: Up to 5 students = £250-00* (ex VAT) OR up to 10 students £350-00* (ex VAT) + £11-00pp book/certificate package (St John Ambulance 1st aid manual (RRP £13.99).
Dates: To suit you!
The more students you put on the course, the more cost effective it is for you.
* Fees quoted are based on one of our instructors running training at your location/classroom/club.
What do you need to provide?
Quite simply; a classroom or dry teaching area (this could be a conference room in a hotel, your local sailing club etc) with adequate space for the number of students on the course and some chairs (if you are unable to arrange this, we can, but it will hold an additional charge). If you have access to a whiteboard or power point projector please let us know.
What we provide:
** Group course fee breakdown worked on maximum numbers & based on us coming to your location within a 50 mile radius from Poole, Dorset (outside of this area will incur a standard government mileage rate charge).
All our courses are covered by a £1 million Public liability insurance.
- "Good variety, very relevant to sailing, good to have practical scenario exercises" - David W. - Netley Sailing Club
- "The interactive scenarios were particularly enjoyable" - Jonathan H.
- "Well run course, very interesting, confidence building and great fun" - James T.
- "Very comprehensive - I learnt lot and cannot think of anything which could be improved" - Amanda S.
- "Excellent and very practical course". - Jenny P.
- "All the attendees said it was one of the better, if not the best first aid course they had ever done." - East Dorset Sailing Club
RYA Training Centre
'The Superyacht Jetski Specialists'
Marine Equipment Store
RYA Online & Classroom Courses:
RYA Practical Courses:
RYA PWC (jetski) proficiency course
RYA Powerboat Level 1 course
RYA Powerboat Level 2 course
RYA Superyacht Tender Course course
RYA Powerboat Instructor course
RYA PWC (jetski) Instructor course